Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Gear



There was a Percy Jackson Party last evening at the library. K was all excited, except for her Camp Half-Blood shirt, which was a total fail when we made it. She's worn it proudly ever since, but it's looked worse and worse with every washing.

So we made a new one, with a freezer paper stencil and fabric paint.



She made a few extra beads for her necklace and added my Moms class ring.



She had a lot of fun, won a hardback copy of the first Charlie Bone book, answered almost all the questions in Percy Jackson Jeopardy and did not dive into the pile of children when the Medusa head pinata hit the floor. She went home happy after a snack of blue corn chips, blue stuff Oreos and blue Hawaiian Punch. She passed on the blue nacho cheese, good call. All in all a good time had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. I'm a HUGE fan of Percy Jackson myself. I've read every book and now have The Lost Hero.

pj said...

It was a great party and her shirt was a huge hit. I understand I have to make a new shirt, purple and in latin. Can't wait!