Wednesday, April 6, 2011

And this is what I sent!

And here are the goodies I sent to my partner in the Harry Potter Crafts 2011 March Swap. We both chose the Weasley family and my partner Jen, said she liked Ron best. So I decided to send a care package from Molly to Ron at Hogwarts. 


Brown paper and strings of course. 


P1070905


Inside the larger package was Ron's Hogwarts trunk.  If you look closely at the scene in Philosopher's Stone, just when Harry meets the Weasley's, on platform 9 3/4, you can see that Ron's trunk is very weathered and shabby.  


P1070876


Inside his box, there were two packages.


P1070897


Of course, I had to send a little Weasley sweater. She sent me one too, funny! And Jen said she liked my Tunisian crochet book scarf, so I made her one of those too.  I tried to fit Susan in the box, she's been climbing the drapes of late, but she wouldn't fit.


P1070887


The inside of Ron's trunk has taken quite a beating.  Ink spilled in the corner and I don't want to think about what else.  Poor Ron, all his things are so shabby.  But he got Hermione in the end, so I imagine he's got no complaints.


P1070881


This was such a fun swap.  K wants me to teach her how to paint a trunk.  I think I'll get her all the bits for Easter.  Shh... don't tell her.

And I almost forgot my favorite part!  Jen is a scrapbooker, so I wanted to send her something scrapbookish, is that a word,... is now.  Anyway, I wanted to make her Molly Weasley's wonderful clock, so Photoshop Elements away!



P1070895


I found some images of the clock and removed all the hands, then I found images of silver spoons and cut them out.  Printed them all on photo paper and there you go, a DIT Weasley clock!  Just add your own Family Photos, a background page, I can't wait to see if she can use it.

I've done some reading and I think a real Weasley clock, using a twitter feed and robotic drive, might not be all that hard.  Hum...

8 comments:

painting classes said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

pj said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi... I was trying to downlod de "Tiny Tales of the Beedle Bard" but on your flickr said than i cant download them ):
Can you send the photos to my e-mail? Thank you. I LOVE YOUR BLOG <3
beatrizchams@yahoo.com.br

pj said...

I emailed them to you from my flickr account. Hope you received them. Happy Folding!

Lori said...

I was trying to e-mail you about this post, but i cannot find your e-mail address, so, i will try to send it here... i hope it is not too long.

Hello,

My name is Lori & I was surfing google a few days ago & came across a picture of the Weasley clock face you did in a craft swap with one of your friends. I was wondering if you would mind sharing that with me. I do miniature projects and I have a current project that it would be perfect for. I am just not good with photoshop, so your would be great! The project is a desktop clock with a miniature scene in the bottom. What better scene to put in a clock than a Weasley scene! I am a huge HP fan & Love all things Weasley. I was planning on doing the actual clock to look like their clock & then the scene in the bottom (it is not much space) i was tihnking of putting Molly's chair & some knitting projects around (as if she is starting on her Christmas gifts) Then of course lots of family photos on the wall.

I have a photo of the project prototype on my blog if you want to take a look. here is the link http://loriscreativeside.blogspot.com/2010/04/this-is-my-next-installment-of-photos.html

the last photo of this post is the clock i am talking about.

If you dont want to, i completely understand. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Please jet let me know either way.

Thanks for your time.

Lori

pj said...

Hello Lori,

I would be happy share. I can't wait to see your finished clock.

I'll send you an email.

Take care,

pj

Island Girl Cakes said...

Hello! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me the face of the Weasley's clock as well? My friend and I are both crafters and HUGE Harry Potter fans. I was trying to surprise her by making her a Weasley's clock. I was surfing Google as well to find a pic of the clock face and found yours. It is perfect! I would really appreciate your consideration. Thank you!!

Maggie said...

Hello! I have just discovered your blog and am ectstatic! I am planning a big party for my girlfriends and their daughters. I want to decorate my kitchen like Mrs. Weasley's kitchen and this will be perfect! Please send me the download!!! Please!
Maggie
my email is soyprincesa2@hotmail.com