Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Duct Tape Easter Eggs,... Yup!

We had an idea.  Well, actually Mr. Man had the idea.

Mr. Man posed the question "Could we decorate Eggs with Duct Tape?"  And of course our answer was,... YES!.


K was all about stars and moons...


And the sun shining through...


And then triangles.  This isn't a great picture, but it looks like a bird wrapped around te egg.  Very cool.



I like the way K's  thin strips of duct tape turned out.  We might try dying egs using the tape as a resist.  Seen it on the interwebs, looks like fun.  I first went with covering the egg with trapazoids, duct tape decoupage.  They need to be small to keep from wrinkling.  Though I kinda like the wrinkled effect.

Then I wanted to do something Doctor Who and I was thinking about Sarah Jane Smith, and plain ole duct tape seemed just the thing.








I call it K-9 in Duct Tape on Easter Egg.  I may try to put a little Tardis on the other side, and then dye it all swirly blue and red.

We dyed regular eggs too,




And we made our Easter Egg Rolls, delicious.


K decorates them. We gave one batch to our neighbor D.  All in all it was a lovely day.


No comments: