Friday, May 8, 2009

Must finish by 5pm!!!


I've been helping a friend made Renaissance costumes for her daughter and her daughter's friend. The girls chose Simplicity 5583 for the chemise and skirts, the big picture with the yellow and black skirts.






And McCalls m4696 for the bodice, the middle view, with the BIG sleeves.



Although I don't usually use patterns, I like these. The skirts were easy and fast. The chemise was a bit short and low cut for the girls, so I raised the neck line and added length. The bodice pattern is good and I am almost done, just need to add the underlay, trim and grommets.

The Ren Faire is TOMORROW and I have to finish by 5pm TODAY. I know I'll make it, but I've caught K's cold and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Miracle cure here I come. (If you don't know it's chicken soup and Sudafed. :)

I'll post pics when I get them!

No comments: