Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swine Flu Day three: Do you know where your towel is?


Funny thing. I was surfing the local news sites yesterday and saw this:

BREAKING NEWS: Health Department says DON'T PANIC!

I kid you not. Nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Locally, we now have 3 probable cases and about 10 suspected. (The difference between probable and suspected seems fairly small.) No confirmed yet. One suspected case at UA Huntsville may make life quite interesting, especially for graduating students. We'll just have to wait and see.

On the home front, K has come down with a sore throat and a stuffy nose. No high fever, no diarrhea, no body aches, so not flu, just your basic cold. She's laying on the couch, reading comic books and Charlie Bone and watching TV.

Oh, and I know where my towel is, so we're good.

No comments: